I recently added these kayaks to our fleet and will have them available for purchase in September, 2019.
I have fallen in love with this boat! We currently have the thermoformed version but they also come in and HDPE plastic.
Why I love it:
1) For being a thermoformed boat, it's very rigid in rough water. Not quite as much as a composite boat but very close. Other thermosforms I've paddled have a tendency to flex in chop, not this one.
2) Roomy. Lots of room not only in the cockpit but plenty available up to the forward bulkhead. Great for paddlers with large feet.
3) Fits a variety of different sized paddlers. I've had people from 5'2" to 6'2" paddle it and find it extremely comfortable.
4) Comfort. Flexible seat and support for thighs. Backband can be adjusted to under coming or above coaming.
5) Skeg. Usually boats of this size don't have an option for a skeg. A skeg comes standard and can help on windy days.
6) Maneuverability. This kayak is fun to play in! Very easy to maneuver but tracks just as well as any 16ft sea kayak I have paddled.
7) Weight. Thermoformed version is only 46 lbs. The only kayak I've been able to carry on my shoulder without hurting myself.
8) Stability. Excellent primary and secondary stability. 25 inch beam for a good length of the hull makes it stable for variety of paddlers.
9) Storage. Lots of volume in rear and front hatches make this a great choice for kayak camping.
10) Price. $1000 for a new thermoformed kayak is unheard of. This is the 2019 price, unsure if 2020 will be the same.
LENGTH = 12 FT
WIDTH = 25 IN
LOAD CAPACITY = 350 LBS
PADDLER WEIGHT = <260
HDPE WEIGHT = 55 LBS
THERMOFORMED ABS = 46 LBS