Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hobie Mirage Revolution Demo


This is by no means a thorough review of the Hobie Revolution, just sharing my thoughts about my demo experience. Hobie has a great reputation of building fabulous boats and I admire many of the models they offer.

My daughter and I set off for Big Break to do some paddling when we discovered a local kayak shop offering free Hobie demos today.  We decided to try out the Revolution. Amanda tried out the Revolution 11 while I tried out the Revolution 13.  Both boats were equipped with Hobie's MirageDrive which I was anxious to try. I've seen many on the water and thought to myself how nice it would be to free your hands up while fishing.

We boarded our demo boats and set off towards some open water.  Amanda was off like a bullet while I was having trouble getting comfortable using the pedals. If I had known how to adjust the pedals I would have tried to give my legs a little more room. I made do with what I had and eventually unhooked the paddle and used it instead.  For me, the pedals bothered my knees and lower back, so I've decided I much prefer paddling. Meanwhile, Amanda was off zipping around, rather quickly I might add, and really taking to the MirageDrive. Seeking her opinion after our demo, she told me that the Hobie with the MirageDrive would be her kayak of choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment