Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fishing Big Break


It was a gorgeous evening out on the water tonight. It was 78 degrees when we launched at high tide a little after 4:00 p.m.. I attempted to fish using a small jig but didn't catch anything but weeds. I switched to some power bait with the same results.

We decided to put the poles away and just paddle around and take in the peaceful evening. We saw a few great white herons and hundreds of mud ducks. After awhile I decided to put my line back in the water with a rubber worm. On the second cast I got a bite and thought I set the hook but the little guy escaped just as I got him close to the boat. At least my daughter got it on video so the rest of my family would know I wasn't telling fish tales.
My catch of the day!



I wonder if there is a world record for smallest fish ever caught. I think I have a good shot at breaking that record if there is one. It's probably better that I stick with the small ones because I wouldn't know what to do if I actually caught something worth eating.

Any day on the water is a good one, and I'm blessed that I can share days like this with my family and friends!


















No comments:

Post a Comment