Saturday, January 12, 2013

McNears Beach to McInnis Park

It was a beautiful day today as I finally was able to get out with the Sacramento Paddle Pushers! If you haven't joined this meetup, I highly suggest you do! I met a great group of paddlers who were warm and friendly and very welcoming.

We launched from  McNears Beach around 10:45 a.m. with the temperature in the upper 40's and high tide predicted at about 12:00. The sun was shining and the water was as smooth as glass with absolutely no wind.




There were ten of us who paddled San Pablo Bay, past China Camp, through Santa Venetia Marsh Preserve and up to McInnis park for lunch. McInnis park is nestled along Galinas creek and made a nice spot to stretch our legs and eat lunch. There is a dock at McInnis but it is pretty high and has some strange rails on the edges which make it a challenge to get in and out of your kayak. Most of us decided to disembark next to shore which was also a little tricky but doable.











After lunch we headed back with the tide in our favor. There was a bit of a headwind, not much, just enough to make my hands go numb due to wind chill. Overall, we paddled almost 11 miles and it was an awesome day! I look forward to many more paddles with the Paddle Pushers and I hope to post a trip myself soon!












No comments:

Post a Comment