Monday, April 30, 2012

Big Break Marina


My friend and I had a nice leisurely paddle today at Big Break.  This time I launched from Big Break Marina so I didn't have to drag the boats a quarter mile to launch at Big Break Regional Shoreline.  It makes a big difference, especially when it's on the warmer side like today.  It costs $10 to launch but they charge per car not per boat so I thought it was well worth it.


We launched a little after 11:00 a.m. just before high tide and there was barely a breeze.  After leaving the marina we came upon this little island that reminded me of some tropical paradise.  We continued southeast at a very leisurely pace and just enjoyed the scenery.  We saw a couple of herons, a pelican and the usual mud ducks.  















We also stumbled across an abandoned sailboat that looked as though someone wanted to get rid of, tucked in the marsh.  After an hour or so we headed back towards Big Break Regional Shoreline and had lunch in the shade.  The wind started to pick up quite a bit so after lunch we paddled close to shore and headed back to the marina.  What a wonderful day!!




Today's trip



No comments:

Post a Comment