Sunday, November 4, 2012

Orwood Resort No- Discovery Bay Yes

 The past couple of weeks have been crazy for our family but Saturday my youngest daughter and I were able to actually do some paddling and some fishing to boot. The day was absolutely gorgeous. It's hard to believe it's the first week of November.

I thought we would go somewhere I haven't been before so my plan was to go to Orwood Resort in Brentwood and launch. It was the first time, and last, that I hadn't called a marina first to check the cost to launch kayaks. I was surprised to find out that they don't allow kayaks to launch from their marina. They have three boat ramps and several docks but no kayaks allowed. That's a shame because it would bring more paying customers to their resort and give kayakers a chance to explore the area.


I checked my launch ramp app on my phone and was directed to a place called Cruiser Haven only 1.5 miles east of Orwood. Unfortunately, the app was incorrect. There was no ramp or dock to be found.

We decided to head down to Discovery Bay Marina and spend our afternoon there. We launched our boats and headed north to find a spot to fish. My daughter isn't fond of fishing from a kayak but she said she had fun watching me fish. I got a couple of bites but wasn't able to reel them in. It doesn't matter because I just love being out on the water and being able to share that time with my kids.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Kayaking Community? Our members will appreciate it.
    Members include: Kayakers, Kayaking Experts, Guides, Clubs, Groups, Etc.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Kayaking Community: http://www.vorts.com/kayaking/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Boat Ramps App USA

    ReplyDelete