Friday, August 3, 2012

Mokelumne River


My friend and I had a great paddle Tuesday evening on the Moke. We launched from Mokelumne Beach RV Park which is just north of Turner Rd. on Frontage Road off of Highway 99. It costs $5.00 per boat to launch but it is a beautiful place to paddle. Not many motor boats due to the many obstructions like downed trees and shallow depths.

 






It was 100 degrees when we launched just after 5:00. The many trees that line the river provided much needed relief from the heat. We had a leisurely, low key paddle on the glass like water. My only regret is that I didn't bring my fishing pole. We saw quite a few fish jumping and there were many good spots where I bet they were hiding.              

We also spotted  a Great White Heron, a couple of beavers and three yellow labs cruising in a zodiac. This is a great place for a quiet paddle and I look forward to returning soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment