Thursday, January 31, 2013

Antioch - Dow Wetlands









My son and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather this afternoon and go for a quick paddle to the Dow Wetlands Preserve. We launched at slack tide and glided across the smooth water towards the preserve. It was a balmy 61 degrees and we had the river all to ourselves. We arrived at the preserve and I snapped a quick picture of the Cormorants sitting on the pilings. We explored channels within the preserve and saw lots of ducks, a Great White Heron and an Egret. No mammals today but it felt so nice to get out on the water.


UPDATE: I spoke with the harbormaster and he told me there is no charge to launch kayaks. His words, "if you don't have a trailer then there is no charge to launch."


No comments:

Post a Comment