Friday, April 5, 2013

Discovery Bay Social Paddle



This evenings paddle turned out wonderful! I arrived at Discovery Bay Yacht Harbor early to see if I could catch any fish before this evening's social paddle.  Unfortunately I didn't catch anything but watched another fisherman catch two within 20 minutes.


Six paddlers, including myself, showed up for tonights paddle. It was great to meet some locals! Earlier in the day I was concerned about the weather as the wind was blowing quite a bit but by the time we all hit the water it had died down to a stiff breeze. We didn't see a lot of wildlife this evening but a river otter came within three feet of my boat until he realized what he was swimming towards.

I'm looking forward to meeting more people interested in kayaking the Delta. If you're interested in joining us for our Friday Sunset Social Paddle contact Delta Kayak Adventures. Next week we'll be exploring Sandmound Slough. It's free if you have your own boat or I'll bring one for you for $20.


p.s. I forgot to mention that Amanda and I had a lovely dinner after the paddle at the Boardwalk Grill at the harbor. Awesome dinner with a great view!


No comments:

Post a Comment