Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Gone Fishing...

I've been on the water quite a bit lately enjoying every minute. I recently paddled some lakes up north including Bullards Bar and Collins Lake which are both great lakes to visit and spend the day. I didn't have much luck fishing although I did catch a crappie at Lake Mildred. It was actually the biggest crappie I ever caught! My daughter caught her first rainbow trout on Collins Lake and I was extremely proud and happy for her and the fish was quite tasty.

This past week I've been back on the Delta, leading tours in Discovery Bay and Bethel Island. I had my best fishing day yet on Dutch Slough with my hubby. He caught two nice smallmouth bass and I caught two baby bass and a baby striper. Today I was out on Sherman Lake paddling against the wind and doing a little fishing with no results to report.

I have my eyes on a couple spots I'd like to explore in the near future. I'll keep you posted.......

No comments:

Post a Comment